Thursday, June 25, 2009

You know you're getting old when...

You start to agree with the old stories you hear from your parents and see how they can now apply to your own life. I will always remember my mother telling us she was in the car on her way back from a dentist appt when the news came over the radio that Kennedy had passed away. I always thought that seemed insignificant, at my young age hearing those stories I always wondered how or why you would remember the date/circumstances/place you were when someone not even related to you died. WELL...I remember where I was hearing that Princess Di(I know that is technically not proper) had passed, and we were at lunch in Iowa City watching her funeral. I will always remember being at school hearing about the Columbine shootings...and I was in a meeting at the bank when the World Trade Center towers fell..being in my Grandmother's kitchen on the phone with my mother and had to tell her my father had passed (by far THE most suck moment..sorry for the term) WELL...today will be another one. I will always remember my brother listening to beat it...and loving Farrah Fawcet because she made me think I could grow up to have beautiful hair!!! I wished when I was little that I could have her hair!!! Life is short..tragically, unpredictably short.

No comments: